Sherman Enterprises - PO Box 1802, Union, NJ 07083- (800) 468 9283

This company charged $375 for the labor of installing a complete burner assembly for a gas-fired hot water heater on Jan. 11, 2011 (the manufacturer provided the part free of charge) The work took approximately 30 minutes. Two technicians came but there is only room for one person to work at the water heater.

The manufacturer (Whirlpool) told me that a typical charge would be $100 and up but that it was at the discretion of the company doing the installation. This was an outrageous overcharge.

This charge was actually 69% of the total charge for cost and installation of the water heater back in November of 2003.

Had an Experience with William Sherman?

Comments

Two technicians showed up?Ridiculous!

If I were you, I'd check with my state AG to see if this obviously excessive charge would be considered a case of price gouging.Many states have a price gouging statute on the books that may offer you some recourse.

Leaffilter North - LeafFilter's heavy handed sales practices & an oncall lawyer illustrate how adept they are at robbing their customers Leaffilter North "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..." Read more American Home Shield - AHS Terrible Company! American Home Shield "We are very long term AHS customers with 5 houses covered. We called AHS to repair once again our A/C unit. The first contractor sent out reported there was physical..." Read more Gutter Helmet - Gutter Hemet Scam Gutter Helmet "Mike,I've been in Business since 1972 doing Roofs,Siding, Building Homes and also do Insurance repairs since 1987 in most ct. towns. I Have a customer that had Gutter Helmets put..." Read more Leaffilter North - Disappointed customer. What a nightmare! Leaffilter North "Three weeks ago, I had a LeafFilter rep come by and tell me about the system. He had this great portfolio that with detail told me how they were above..." Read more Another Tophatter Screwup Tophatter "ILess than a week ago I bid and won a beautiful and bright, colorful Indian tapestry of an Elephant. What Bluelans sent was a cheap, thin small totally wrong item..." Read more Camping World - Worst experience in my life. NEVER AGAIN!!! Camping World "Will never purchase another item from Camping World again in my life. They have lied to me and are not true to their word. Their employees tore my canvas as..." Read more Flipkey - Camp Nepo, Ocala Fl. is Not lakefront, and IS FILTHY Flipkey "This cabin is advertised on flipkey, homeaway, and several others. The listing is SO deceptive it is appalling. The Cabin is NOT on the lake, but the view is of..." Read more Value City Furniture - Peeling "So called" leather furniture... Value City Furniture "When I purchased my what it said was leather sofa set i fell in love with it, 3 years later I see where its peeling along the seams and small..." Read more